Mundesley-on-Sea lies only 2 miles/3 km from Trunch and offers spectacular broad sandy beaches. Even in the summer, you will find here a quiet and private place of your own. The beach is considered one of the best in Norfolk, with safe swimming for youngsters when the tide is out.
Mundesley has a busy and thriving village centre with shops, cafes, pubs & restaurants and a doctor’s surgery. There is a range of gastronomic options, from the feted fish and chip shop to substantial pub and hotel meals, offering such delicacies as locally caught crab and lobster. Mundesley offers shops, restaurants and cafes as well as a skate park, children’s play area, golf driving range (popular with teenagers) and plenty of dog walks. Teenagers are often to be seen body surfing.
North Norfolk boasts miles of sandy beaches perfect for lazy days, more strenuous surfing or just seal watching. Many of the beaches have sections for dog walkers and restricted areas for safe bathing.
- The charming town of Cromer (5.5 Miles) boasts a thriving pier with the only end of pier theatre in England. Equally famous for Cromer crab, there are restaurants and shops aplenty and the Amazona Zoo.
- The village of Happisburgh (10 miles) famed for its independent lighthouse
- Sea Palling (20 miles) popular for wind surfing.
- Horsey Beach (22 miles) or Blakeney (19 miles) for seal watching
- Holkham Beach and nature reserve (26 miles)
- Hunstanton (45 miles) popular for kite surfing.
Mundesley, Cromer and Sheringham all have life guards in high season and year round life boat / in-shore rescue services.