Visit the Web Site
see also The Trunch Crown
FORTHCOMING EVENTS at the CROWN
A guide to upcoming events
- Tuesday 4th – Bangers and Mash Night 6pm – 9pm – A fine selection of flavoured sausages and mash available inc. Veggie option
- Friday 7th – Live music from Dan Star 8pm onwards
- Tuesday 11th – Quiz Night 8pm onwards – only £1 per person entry with cash prizes and chips at half time – All welcome
- Friday 14th – Valentines Night 6pm – 9pm – A special meal offer of 2 x 9’’ Pizza of your choice + 1 side dish + a bottle of Prosecco (worth £15) all for just £25!! Please book early.
- Tuesday 18th – Magic Night 7pm – 9pm – We will have a magician doing table magic from 7pm – each booked table gets at least 10mins of personal show. Then a full show from 8pm. Book a table to eat to get a guaranteed place. Great for families.
- Tuesday 25th – Burger Night 6pm – 9pm – a fine selection of homemade burgers, Veggie options available as always
- Thursday 27th – Scrabble Night 6pm – 8.30pm – For all you Scrabble addicts we invite everyone to come to play, with prizes for best scoring round and highest word score. Kids and families welcome.
A Note from the Local Management Team :-
All pub users, and even those who just walk by, will have seen the resurgence of the Trunch Crown; come in and experience the convivial atmosphere, the welcome of the bar staff and the friendliness of the patrons.
We all must appreciate a ‘good local’ is vital to any village as it provides a meeting place for us all to commune socially. It also has the capacity to support events and activities in the village, like concerts etc. It can provide a vital attraction to those who holiday in the area, giving refreshment, guidance and a place to meet others.
All this makes it important to have a great village pub, that’s warm, welcoming and a place where all are comfortable to visit.
The great news is that after much work with Bateman’s, The Crown has opened under a local licensee Iain Chambers who lives in the village. This has been made possible with help from local people who are assisting financially and with skills that will allow the pub not just to re-open, but be brought up to a high standard of environment and offer.
The pub is going to be open 7 days a week, with a food offer of Pizza/Pasta (Inc Takeaway) in the week and back to the traditional roast on Sunday’s. We will have a great range of beers, wines and spirits (including local gins!). Quality tea and Coffee will be served as well as pies and other snacks. Quiz nights, music and other events will be staged.
We hope the pub will return to its place at the heart of the village and hope to work with the village societies to help them with their aims.
We hope you will join Iain at the pub and show your support by coming in for a drink or a meal, and make sure the pub can take its place once more in the heart of the village.
See you in the Trunch Crown!!! Support your local