Management Committee Officers:-
Chairman – Ron Gibbons
Treasurer Richard Walker
Secretary Sandra Farmer
The village hall was built as the Parish Hall in 1912 on glebe land but was settled as village property sometime after the First World war. It was used by the military in two world wars.In 1969 the Parish Hall was conveyed into the ownership of the village community, through the auspices of the Diocese and the Parish Council. It has since been administered by Trustees, Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer along with Committee Members elected annually and representing the hall hirer’s and the village community.The Hall has benefitted greatly over many years from the fundraising and care from many of the residents, past and present who have worked tirelessly to preserve and cherish the Hall for generations to come.The Hall is currently used regularly by the Trunch Art Group, Garden Society, the Indoor Bowls Club, Table Tennis Club, the Yoga Group, Trunch Friends and The Knitting and Stitching GroupIt forms the hub of the Open Gardens and Scarecrows Day and part of the Trunchonbury Music Festival. Christmas Fayre’s and Celebrations are held in the Hall..
A fund raising campaign has achieved great success enabling the kitchen to be refitted with all new units including an electric oven and ceramic hob. Low level heating has also been installed. The Management Committee are now looking at renewing the flooring in the main area.
QUIZ with FISH & CHIPS NIGHT
A quiz with a serving of fish and chips will be held each month, the next one is to be held on Fridays 21st June/ “6th July and 23rd August starting at 7.00pm
Coffee mornings will be held in the Village Hall at fortnightly intervals.
Private functions are also welcomed. For details and hire rates contact the Secretary at 01263 722585
Pictures of Events held in the Hall